Software Provider: Sean Egan
Current Version: Pidgin 2.5.4
Operating Systems: Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista
Licence: Open Source
File Name: Pidgin 2.6.1
File Size: 14 MB
Date Released: 18 August, 2009
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows Me
- Windows 2000
- Windows 98
- Windows NT 4.0
- Windows 95
- Windows NT 3.5
- Windows Vista x64
- Windows XP x64
Download Pidgin 2.6.1:
Pidgin 2.6.1 (14 MB)
- Fix a crash when some users send you a link in a Yahoo IM
- Fix compilation with GTK+ < 2.6.0
- Fix compilation on Windows
Gaim is a multi-protocol instant messaging (IM) client for Linux, BSD, MacOS X, and Windows. It is compatible with AIM and ICQ (Oscar protocol), MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, IRC, Jabber, Gadu-Gadu, SILC, GroupWise Messenger, and Zephyr networks.
Gaim users can log in to multiple accounts on multiple IM networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on AOL Instant Messenger, talking to a friend on Yahoo Messenger, and sitting in an IRC channel all at the same time.
Gaim supports many features of the various networks, such as file transfer, away messages, typing notification, and MSN window closing notification. It also goes beyond that and provides many unique features. A few popular features are Buddy Pounces, which give the ability to notify you, send a message, play a sound, or run a program when a specific buddy goes away, signs online, or returns from idle; and plugins, consisting of text replacement, a buddy ticker, extended message notification, iconify on away, spell checking, tabbed conversations, and more.
Pidgin runs on Windows, Linux, and other UNIX operating systems. Pidgin is compatible with the following chat networks out of the box: AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr. It can support many more with plugins.Pidgin supports many features of these chat networks, such as file transfers, away messages, buddy icons, custom smilies, and typing notifications. Numerous plugins also extend Pidgin’s functionality above and beyond the standard features. Pidgin is under constant development. Releases are usually frequent and driven by user contributions, such as bug reports and patches.
Pidgin is free and contains no ads. All our code is open source and licensed under the GNU General Public License. This means you can get Pidgin’s underlying code and modify it to suit your needs, as long as you publish the changes you make for everyone to benefit from as well.
Pidgin (Gaim) Messenger Features
- Tabbed message windows for easy management of conversations
- Support for many protocols
- User can log on to many different accounts at once
- Window transparency using a plugin
- AOL Instant Messenger Old Version – AIM
- windows live messenger 9 xp + vista version
- fix messenger problems – update messenger
- Camfrog Messenger Old Version download
- Download MSN Messenger 9 – 2009 latest version
- Keep friends at your fingertips with Yahoo! Messenger 9.0
- trillian messenger download free
- download windows live messenger 2009 free setup
- Free Download Yahoo! Messenger 9.0 Setup Installer Now
- No Net Send on Vista?
- Yahoo! Messenger 7.0 beta download free exe msi
- Yahoo Messenger 9.0 Full Setup Free Download 2009 – 2010
- download patch messenger 2009
- download windows live messenger 2010
- download messenger windows xp 2009 – 2010 free